Dr.Julius C. Ahiekpor
Julius Ahiekpor is the Research Director at IRID. He is a Senior Lecturer and researcher at the Chemical Engineering Department of Kumasi Technical University. He has interest in sustainable energy production, energy access, and modern energy cooking solutions. He has over ten years’ experience and knowledge in renewable energy technologies and has been involved in several projects and studies including; the identification of barriers to RE technology transfer to Ghana, assessment of rural woodstove market, mapping of the clean cooking sector in Ghana, capacity needs assessment for renewable energy and energy efficiency in West Africa, feasibility study and implementation plan to establish 200 institutional biogas systems in Ghana, assessment of solar PV projects in Ghana, developed carbon financing and marketing options woodstoves in Ghana, and several waste to energy projects. and the bioenergy coordinator at Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (CREK). He is also the Acting Executive Director at Centre for Energy, Environment and Sustainable Development (CEESD).
MSc. (Chemical Engineering), KNUST, Ghana, 2011
BSc (Chemical Engineering), KNUST, Ghana
Renewable energy technologies
Optimization of indigenous chemical processes
Environmental and waste management
Chemical Process Equipment Design
Renewable Energy Technologies
Process Control and Dynamics
Instrumentation and Process Measurement
Computer-Aided Process Design
Chemical Process Industries
- Ahiekpor, J.C., Kuye, A.O., Osei-Wusu, A. (2015). Liquid fuels production by pyrolysis from waste: Opportunities and challenges in Africa. 2nd
International Conference on Applied Science and Technology. Kumasi. 28-30th October, 2015.
- Ahiekpor J.C., Antwi, E., Bensah, E.C., Ribeiro, X.F. (2015). Determinants of urban household cooking fuel choice in Ghana. International Journal of Current Research. 7(6). 17203-17206. http://www.journalcra.com/article/ determinants-urban-household-cooking-fuel-choice-ghana
- Bensah, E.C., Antwi, E. Ahiekpor J.C., Ribeiro, J. (2015).A study of the effluent quality of excrement-based biogas plants in Ghana. International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Applied Science ( IJSEAS ). 1(6). 2395-3470. http://ijseas.com/volume1/v1i6/ijseas20150633.pdf
- Owusu, E.S., Ribeiro, X.F.J., Ayensu, E., Antwi, E., Ahiekpor, J.C., and Bensah, E.C. (2015). Adoption and utilization of improved cookstoves in Ghana. International Journal of Innovative Research and Development. 4(6). 305-311.
- Ahiekpor, J.C., and Kuye, O.A. (2015). Production of bio-oil in Nigeria: Challenges
- Ahiekpor J.C., Antwi, E., Bensah, E.C., (2011). Use of solar water distiller for treatment of fluoride-contaminated water: The case of Bongo district of Ghana. Desalination-Elsevier. doi:10.1016/j.desal.2011.05.044
- Bensah E. C., Ahiekpor J., Boateng C. (2011). Migrating from subject-based to competency-based training in Higher National Diploma Chemical Engineering: the case of Kumasi Polytechnic. Education for Chemical Engineers, doi:10.1016/j.ece.2011.04.001
- Antwi, E., Ahiekpor J., Arthur, R., Bensah, E.C., and Quansah, A.D., (2010). Ghana’s Liquid Biofuel Policy: Challenges and The Way Forward. International Journal of Energy and Environment, 1 (5), pp 805 – 814.
- Bensah, E.C., Antwi, E., and Ahiekpor J.C., (2010). Improving Sanitation in Ghana: The Role of Sanitary Biogas Plants. Journal of Engineering and Applied Sciences, Volume 5, Issue 2, pp 125 – 133. DOI: 10.3923/jeasci.2010.125.133.
- Ahiekpor, J.C. and Kuwornoo, D.K. (2010). Optimization of Factors Affecting the Transesterification of Crude Palm Kernel Oil. International Journal of Energy and Environment, 1(4), pp 675 – 622.
- Ahiekpor, J.C., and Kuwornoo, D.K. (2010). Kinetics of Palm Kernel Oil and Ethanol Transesterification. IJEE, 1(6), pp 1097 – 1108.
- Ahiekpor J.C., Bensah E.C, Antwi E, Promoting decentralised solar water purification systems in Ghana: a case study at Bongo. 3rd Ghana Water forum, Ministry of water, works and housing. Ghana. 5-7 September, 2011. Accra Ghana.
- Bensah E.C, Antwi E, Ahiekpor J.C., Ghana’s revised environmental sanitation policy 2010: a review. 3rd Ghana Water Forum, Ministry of water, works and housing. Ghana. 5-7 September, 2011. Accra Ghana.
- Bensah E.C, Antwi E, Ahiekpor J.C., Boadu E. Quality drinking water for rural communities. Technology options. 3rd Ghana Water Forum, Ministry of water, works and housing. Ghana. 5-7 September, 2011. Accra Ghana.
- Asase, M., Ahiekpor, J.C., Bensah E.C., and Antwi, E., (2010). Sustainable production and consumption. Seminar organised for KNUST students by UNEP and Otumfo’s Charity Foundation
- Ahiekpor, J.C. and Kuwornoo, D.K. (2009). Factors Affecting the Transesterification of Crude Palm Kernel Oil, presented at the 1st National Polytechnics Research Conference in 2009 at Dodowa, Ghana.