Vision & Objectives
To be a centre of excellence for churning out competent and efficient mechanical engineers for the national and the global economy.
The Department has the aim to train students who intend to qualify as engineers and technicians in industries. At the end of the programme, students will have acquired skills to:
• Use machine tools and hand tools for manufacturing products.
• Diagnose and repair faults on automobile/heavy duty equipment
• Design and cast components from metals.
• Repair and maintain plants or machines
• Manage a shop (Machine shop, Foundry shop, automobile garage, etc.)
The Department intends to:
• Run MTech and BTech Mechanical Engineering programmes
• Offer machatronics training for the general public