Vision & Objectives
To be a centre of excellence for churning out competent and efficient Electrical & Electronic Engineers for the national and the global economy.
The main aim of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department is to develop enterprising professionals who have an innovative disposition, the confidence and competence to assume leadership roles in technology, business and the community.
- To teach theoretical concepts related to Electrical, Electronics and Communication systems.
- To equip students with skills in the installation, operation, maintenance and proper techniques in the use of tools and equipment for domestic and industrial purposes.
- To equip students with skills to enable them to undertake research in Control systems, Power and Energy systems, Circuits, Communication systems, and Electronics.
- To teach students the professional and ethical principles related to industrial equipment, electrical services, and promotion of safe working procedures and safety precautions.
- To train students to enable them to apply their knowledge in the correct use of appropriate Electrical and Communication tools and electronic instruments in measurements.
- Transfer technical and professional skills related to Electricity, Electronic and Communication systems.
- To provide avenues for further education for diploma students in Power and Energy Systems, Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Computer Engineering, Biomedical Engineering and in the area of Nanotechnology.
- To develop capacities in the handling of appropriate tools and electronic instruments in measurements, troubleshooting, assessment and repairs.