Vision & Objectives
To be a Centre of Excellence for producing competent Civil Engineering professionals for industry.
The core objective of the Department is to produce professional engineers who will be able to analyse, design, construct and maintain Civil Engineering works and systems, and be adequately prepared with the requisite skills to set up their own small and medium scale industries. Our graduates would therefore be able to:
• Design and supervise the construction and maintenance of highway and transportation structures;
• Design and supervise the construction and maintenance of steel and timber structures;
• Conduct geotechnical investigations;
• Design and supervise the construction and maintenance of water and sanitation systems;
• Manage Civil Engineering projects that are entrepreneurial in nature, and conduct research.
The Department plans to:
• Run MTech in Structural Engineering
• Run MTech in Highway Engineering
• Run a 4-year BTech Surveying and Geo-informatics
• Establish a well resourced Soil Engineering, Water and Environmental, and
• Establish its own construction company to serve the Technical University community and the country at large.