Vision, Mission & Objectives
To be the best Chemical Engineering Department in Ghana and Africa.
Producing graduates that have a firm grasp of the principles of Chemical Engineering through quality engineering education.
To achieve the vision, we strive to:
• Provide students with the underlying engineering sciences and technical foundations to become competent, practicing chemical engineers. Students learn to apply their knowledge of scientific principles to problem identification and solution, to undertake and analyze experimental work, and to design safe, environmentally acceptable and sustainable processes and systems to meet specified objectives using modern engineering tools and technologies;
• Prepare students to be successful in their future working relationships. Students develop skills, learn to function productively in teams, and obtain the foundation to support life-long learning so as to promote personal and professional growth;
• Instil in students perfect understanding of their professional and ethical responsibilities and create awareness of the societal impact that their professional activities may have;
• Improve continuously the academic programme in the partnership with academia, alumni, government, and industry; and
• Foster a relationship that is collaborative and accessible between faculty and students and which allows for personal mentoring and engages students in the educational process.
In the short to medium term, the Department plans to:
• Run an MTech programme in Chemical Engineering
• Run 4-year BTech Chemical and Petrochemical Engineering programmes
• Employ five (5) additional senior members of staff in view of the planned introduction of 3 new programmes.
• Upgrade the Department’s research laboratory to enable staff do more research and more publications